AMERICAN MANUFACTURERS AGENCY CORPORATION has 60 years of automation application experience between it's Sales Engineers.
We are at the forefront of this quickly changing industrial automation market place and we work closely with our customers, because we are fully committed to meeting and exceeding expectations. We also believe in keeping our services affordable to our customers, we make sure to work around your budget.
We are proud that so many of our customers have repeatedly turned to us for guidance and assistance with their industrial automation needs and we work hard to earn their loyalty every day.
five major reasons why automation projects fail
1. NOT DESIGNING THE PRODUCT / PROCESS FOR AUTOMATION
2. NO EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATION - Must have well defined specification for:
- Performance - Cycle Rate, Throughput, Up-time, other efficiencies, etc.
- Design/Build Quality
- Documentation and other physical build criteria
3. POOR CONCEPT - NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT
- Closing on a concept too quickly without researching the possibilities
- Need collaborative, open minded, multi-discipline, team with collective broad backgrounds - cannot have members who want to "WIN" brainstorming/concept sessions
- Must probe a variety of technologies and listen to both insiders and outsiders
4 POOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT - BUYER & VENDOR
- Inadequate Cost Justification - Must cover all costs - not just equipment - but samples, training maintenance, travel, etc. Due diligence responsibility of Project Manager, Production, Accounting, and Upper Management
- Poor communication with Vendor
- Poor communication with User Team
- Poor Schedule Control
- No accountability to schedule by either vendor or team members
- Failure to involve the production people in the process
- Not enough technical capability in house to handle the technology
- Failure to supply vendor with up-to-date drawings and parts
5 ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA - NOT WELL DEFINED
- Must define "DONE" - When and under what criteria does the title to the equipment change hands?
- Shipping the Equipment before it is ready.
Above White Paper by Tim Hedlund PE, Owner / VP DURABOTICS INC